Question:

From Fort Myers, Florida, USA:

My son is on a wrestling team at school. He uses an insulin pump. Where are the ports better placed so they do not come out during matches, and what is the best way to keep in place?

Answer:

If an infusion set tends to come out during wrestling matches, I would recommend speaking with the athletic trainer. He or she may have some ideas to help secure the set with athletic tape. Since the match only lasts a few minutes it is not necessary to wear the pump during the match. It is probably best to have the set under the wrestling singlet, which may help secure it as well.

RP

Posted to Insulin Pumps and Exercise and Sports