From Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA:

I recently had to have emergency surgery for my appendix. Elevated blood pressure and sugars resulted. After being released the next day, I lashed out at a loved one. I am normally very calm and never violent. I am worried because this had to be brought to my attention. I didn't even realize what I had done until it was pointed out to me. Do you think it was a result of stress and high blood sugar? I don't want to be a danger to anyone I care about.

Hopefully, this was a single incident that resulted from you not feeling well. You've been through a lot lately. I wouldn't worry about it unless it recurs.

Posted to Behavior and Hyperglycemia and DKA