From South Portland, Maine, USA:

My nephew is six years old and was diagnosed in last September with type 1 diabetes. Lately, he has been vomiting in the morning. I would say it's been going on and off for two or three weeks now. His mother is taking him to the doctor tomorrow, but my sister, who is his grandmother, is so worried that I had to ask someone about this now. Is there a reason why he should be getting sick in the morning? He's okay afterwards and asks to go to school and is fine the rest of the day.

There are many possible considerations for first morning vomiting, some actually quite serious, but most not worrisome. It may have nothing to do with his diabetes.

He needs a good, complete history and physical examination with attention to looking into the back of the eyes. As it MIGHT pertain to diabetes, it would be helpful to know his morning glucose and ketone readings.