From London, England:

Is laser treatment for diabetic retinopathy painful or uncomfortable?

Most patients say that there is a little discomfort with retinal laser treatment for diabetic retinopathy. A few describe significant discomfort, like a hot "pin prick sensation" with each laser application, which is what it felt like to me when I had pan-retinal laser treatment at age 22. As a rule, the younger the patient, the more likely there is to be discomfort. I have had patients in their sixties and older who say they felt nothing whatsoever.

Posted to Aches and Pains and Complications