From Clarksville, Indiana, USA:

My four year old son, type 1 for two years, has just started thinking he is going to choke while eating. His doctors have him on a very strict meal plan and insulin regimen. I'm very concerned that forcing him to eat led up to this problem. I have no idea what to do to help him feel more comfortable with eating. Do you have any advice?

I'm not sure why you're forced to make him eat. Typically, children with diabetes are on a food program that encourages healthy eating limiting simple carbohydrates when possible. They should not be forced to eat, unless you are treating a low blood sugar.

If your child feels like he is choking when he eats, I would review that with your pediatrician. It likely is not related to his diabetes.