From Buffalo, New York, USA:

I went for a five hour Glucose Tolerance Test due to some episodes of hypoglycemic attacks and a check for reactive hypoglycemia. My fasting blood sugar was 85 mg/dl [4.7 mmol/L]. After 30 minutes, it was 122 mg/dl [6.8 mmol/L]; at one hour, it was 82 mg/dl [4.5 mmol/L]; at two hours, it was 81 mg/dl [4.5 mmol/L]; at three hours, it was 62 mg/dl [3.4 mmol/L]; at four hours, it was 68 mg/dl [3.8 mmol/L]; and at five hours, it was 83 mg/dl [4.6 mmol/L].Does this sound like reactive hypoglycemia? I have been tired, foggy, and with no energy for long time. My primary care physician recommended that I follow a high protein, low carbohydrate diet.

I also have PCOS. I cannot take birth control pills. I take Procardia for Raynaud's phenomenon and Aldactone, as well as Procardia XL. I have low blood pressure. So, I went to my reproductive endocrinologist he wants me try 2000 mg Glucophage to reduce the PCOS symptoms so I can menstruate. I am about 30 pounds overweight and I worry will this effect my blood sugars anyway. I am truly confused what high protein, low carbohydrate diet I should follow. Am I closer diabetes?

There have been previous studies looking at how helpful these prolonged oral glucose tolerance tests are for the diagnosis of reactive hypoglycemia. My interpretation of the medical literature is that a low value is neither necessary or sufficient to make the diagnosis. You end up making decisions based on clinical symptoms. I would suggest you see a physician who has expertise in this area for some solid endpoints and good information. There is a lot of bad information out there. You will need someone to go through this with you.