From Montague, New Jersey, USA:

My nephew has had type 2 diabetes for about eight to ten years. Over the past few months, he has been vomiting once a week or so. Recently, it has progressed to several times a week and sometimes eight to 17 times per day. I am terrified something is seriously wrong with him. His mother says his diabetes doctor said it's from growth hormones. Over the holidays, he was very dehydrated from the vomiting and, after five days, they finally took him to the hospital where they treated him for dehydration, stabilized his sugar levels and sent him home. He was NOT checked out for anything that would explain the vomiting. I need some advice! Several other family members agree that there is something wrong and it is his diabetes NOT a virus or a cold, etc. Even my nephew feels it is his diabetes. What can I do for this child as an Aunt, not a parent?

You are in a difficult position to influence dramatically the healthcare of a nephew; that really is the responsibility of the child's parents. You can encourage your nephew's parents to ensure he has had a thorough history and physical examination done by a pediatrician. You can also be sure to let them know about your ongoing concerns.