Question:

From Long Island, New York, USA:

My eight year old daughter has had diabetes for three years. She is on an insulin pump and her A1cs have ranged from 6.3 to 7.0 for the last two years. I take her to a chiropractor every week. I believe that our chiropractor has helped her keep her blood sugars in range. She tests her sugars about eight times a day, eats healthy and frequently. She also exercises. Have you had any experience with diabetics in good control because of chiropractic care?

Answer:

There is no evidence to support chiropractic therapy in the treatment of type 1 diabetes.

JSH