From Shalimar, Florida, USA:

My son is being denied his right to be able to test whenever the needs arises and the school he currently attends to does not provide an adequate amount of trained diabetes personnel. I've contacted the American Diabetes Association about this and they agree that his rights are being violated. I've been told to find an attorney to file a case against the school and school board. My problem is I'm having a difficult time finding an attorney. Can you recommend any attorneys that can assist me with this problem? My son is in the fourth grade and is nine years old and very capable to do his own glucose monitoring.

It can be difficult to find an attorney qualified to handle an educational discrimination matter. Many attorneys register willingness to accept clients referred through their local or state bar associations. In Florida, the Florida Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service can be reached at 1-800-342-8011 or, through its web page. You could also contact your county bar association by looking for their listing in your telephone directory.

Posted to Other and School and Daycare