From Ontario, California, USA:

I came across some information about Stabilized Rice Bran Products and Diabetes Mellitus. Is rice bran supposed to help with lowering one's A1c, lowering glucose levels, etc.? Is this generally accepted? Or, is this another "fantasy treatment?" What can you tell me about it?

Sorry, there is no randomized clinical trial to report to you. Even though the Nutracea web site mentions Effects of stabilized rice bran, its soluble and fiber fractions on blood glucose levels and serum lipid parameters in humans with diabetes mellitus Types I and II, it was not a randomized trial. I know they added the product to a diet. Did they feed a group similarly and not add the product? Or, did they do a cross-over study, an interval with the same diet with and without the additive? And, was any exercise controlled? These are difficult studies to do well.

Testimonials are just that. Fiber is just that, too. It comes lots of ways and is good for you. But, you should be able to get enough fiber in the foods you usually eat.