From Staunton, Virginia, USA:

My husband (my daughter's stepfather) used my daughter's lancet to test his blood sugar the other day because he has been having frequent urination. He wasn't thinking and used her lancet before changing it to a new one and, then, did not change it before he put it back. She then used it and now I am concerned. I checked for a previous question like this and the answer given regarding the risk was "the risk was very small." My husband has not been tested before for any diseases and we have no reason to believe that he has any diseases, but it still scares me. What are the risks and should I be concerned? Should he go to the doctor for testing to ensure my daughter's well being?

I think the old answer is still correct. The risk is very small for passing along any blood-born infection. However, such risks depend totally on the possible contamination risks. Hepatitis of varying kinds, AIDS and any other illnesses known to be carried in the blood (other viruses, bacteria, etc.) can certainly be passed along in such a fashion. I would consult with your husband's physician to determine any such risks and what testing, if any, might be suggested.