From Culpeper, Virginia, USA:

What type of foods would you suggest as finger foods for a child who has diabetes and is just beginning to eat solid foods?

I would suggest the old standbys that most parents with toddlers resort to...Cheerios, Goldfish crackers, small pieces of fruit, and low fat string cheese sticks. I hope this list helps. Remember, it is at this very formative stage in a child's life that good nutrition habits are begun. Introduce your child to a variety of foods.

[Editor's comment: When she was first eating solids, my daughter would also eat small pieces of cooked broccoli florets, frozen peas (cooked or still frozen!), and small pieces of cooked carrots. BH]