From Bernie, Missouri, USA:

I would like to know if high blood sugar readings in the mornings are from the breakfast I ate, the supper I ate the night before, or a combination of both?

To answer your question, I would have to know your blood sugar before and two hours after breakfast. If it were high before you ate, than being high after could be because it was already high. If it were less than 120 mg/dl [6.7 mmol/L] before breakfast and over 140 mg/dl [7.8 mmol/L] two hours later, than it was probably your breakfast since you are not on any diabetes medicines.

Posted to Hyperglycemia and DKA and Type 2