From Booneville, Mississippi, USA:

My father has had diabetes for a long time now. His blood sugar is getting harder to control. It has been fluctuating a lot lately. Their insurance is very high and my dad is self-employed. It is getting to where he can't work as much and doesn't have as much work as he did. My mother has lost her job and is looking for another. In the meantime, it's getting harder and harder to make the bills. They have considered getting him on disability but don't know how they'll get by until or if he's approved. I was just trying to find something that might help them. I just don't know what to do. They're not starving or anything, just need some suggestions on what to do.

Residents in Mississippi have little access to public social services or income security programs. The pharmaceutical industry administers a program where member companies offer discounted or free prescription medications to those who qualify. To learn more about this program, call (888) 477-2669 or go to the Partnership for Prescription Assistance web site.

Posted to Other and Insurance/Costs