From Woodridge, Illinois, USA:

I have type 2. I'm currently taking 250 units of insulin and various oral medications for diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I'm just wondering how much insulin is too much before all these medications start doing me more harm than good. I'm very overweight and have considered weight loss surgery, but insurance will not cover me. I don't want to continue taking so much medication. I feel like a walking time bomb.

There is a definite vicious circle of higher blood sugars, more insulin, more weight gain, higher blood sugars, and so on. The most important thing is to break that vicious cycle with weight loss that allows you to decrease your insulin dose, lose weight, lower blood sugars, lower insulin, etc. Because of your other medical problems, it is important for you to check with your doctor on how to best manage this.