From Mandeville, Louisiana, USA:

My son has type 1 diabetes. Our recent blood work on February 14, 2006 was great, an A1c of 8. However, the alkaline phosphatase levels were 3142, which is higher than the normal. In May of 2005, his level was 292. We have been on the pump for approximately two years and three months. He is five years old, diagnosed two months before turning three. I am extremely worried about bone cancer. Should I consult a pediatric oncologist? My doctor has a wait and see attitude, with testing again in one month. I am very worried! All of his other blood work was normal. Please point me in the right direction. Is this common among children with diabetes?

While I agree that this is pretty hard to dismiss, you should realize that pediatric endocrinologists are not experts in this area. While it might be okay to wait and retest in a bit, if you are worried, see your pediatrician.