From Metuchen, New Jersey, USA:

I enjoy cooking and baking for my family. Are there any reference books for calculating carbohydrate counts on ingredients such as bananas, apples, carrots? I can only find estimates for a small banana, a medium apple, etc., but I have yet to find anything that gives me carbohydrate counts for grams, cups, etc. Also, they usually give the carbohydrate counts for weights with the skin and peel (ex. banana) which makes it very difficult.

Ask your health care provider or dietitian for a book called "Exchange Lists for Meal Planning" distributed by the American Diabetes and American Dietetic Associations. This booklet will give you carbohydrate information for all fruits and vegetables. If they can't get you one, you can order it from the American Diabetes Association web site.

Posted to Meal Planning, Food and Diet and Other