From Antioch, California, USA:

Is it a good idea for an 11 year old male type 1 diabetic with learning disabilities and depression issues, to share a room with a 15 year old female sibling. Will this make him more susceptible to infections and injury? Why or why not? Is there a medical reason?

I don't think the diabetes in any way influences this decision. I would discuss this issue with your pediatrician and your son's psychiatrist, if he has consulted one.

Additional comments from Dr. Stuart Brink:

There is no reason that there are more infections when siblings share rooms than with anyone else sharing rooms. It is often best for preteens and teens to have separate bedrooms, if this is possible financially, for privacy reasons. There is nothing at all related to diabetes or learning problems or depression that would make sharing or not sharing a room with siblings an issue.