From North Carolina, USA:

My rheumatologist found my elevated sugar in December. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in January. I was a little overweight, but not grossly. I am trying to control my diabetes with exercise and diet. I did fine the first three to four weeks (115 to 152 mg/dl [6.4 to 8.4 mmol/L]) but now have trouble with low sugar. In the last two weeks, my readings have been from 72 to 125 mg/dl [4 to 6.9 mmol/L]. The higher blood sugar was only twice. I think I am eating right and eating enough, which does include three meals and two or three snacks daily. Is there anything else I should do or be concerned about?

You should ask your doctor to do an A1c test to see how your average blood sugar is over the past few months. If it is not less than 6.5%, then you should speak to your doctor about ways to lower it.

Posted to Type 2