From India:

Can some carbohydrate/sugar be absorbed by cells without needing insulin? Does the natural color of fruits or other foods matter for a diabetic patient?

Is it possible that injected insulin doesn't suit some patients? If yes, what can be the adverse reactions other than low blood sugar?

It is possible for cells to absorb glucose without insulin. This happens all the time. The muscles are the largest glucose-using tissue in the body. The majority of glucose transport in muscle is insulin-independent. However, what makes insulin-mediated glucose disposal so important is that it is done on demand. Insulin increases with rising blood sugars following a meal and does not let the blood sugars get too high. Exercise does increase the ability for insulin-independent glucose transport. I am not sure that natural fruits offer any additional benefit along this line. I don't think I have seen any information to this effect.

Insulin therapy that doesn't fit a particular patient is primarily an issue of degree and timing. For instance, some insulins are more potent in their rate of onset. Some insulins require more precise timing of the injection to meals. Incompatibility with human use may occur with an allergic reaction to the insulin. This is generally seen with local reaction of the skin at the site of the injection. Hypoglycemia is not necessarily a reason for incompatibility.

Posted to Other and Insulin