From New Jersey, USA:

My son's latest blood work had several abnormal results. His WBC from CBC diff was 4.5 with the reference range 5.0 to 16.0 thous/moL. Also Lymphocytes, absolute, was 1836 with the normal range 2000 to 8000 cells/moL. His IgA serum was 27 with reference range 33 to 235 mg/dL (negative <20, weak positive 20 to 30, strong positive over 30). The doctor said I should not worry, as long as he is not symptomatic and has good weight gain and development, but I would like a second opinion especially for the CBC diff abnormal number of lymphocytes. Should I test him further? Is this normal in children with diabetes? My son is five years old and he was diagnosed with diabetes a year ago. His latest A1C was under 7.0.

This does not sound related to diabetes, but could be some viral infection. Low IgA levels are also seen associated with other autoimmune disorders i.e., celiac disease. Please be sure that he is checked for transglutaminase antibodies and also perhaps thyroid antibodies, thyroid functions and maybe even adrenal antibodies. Repeat CBC and blood counts may reveal that all this resolves spontaneously as is often the case with viral illnesses.