From Texas, USA:

Do you know of any insulin pens/cartridges for Humalog that currently come in one-half unit increments? We used to use the BD mini pen with Humalog cartridges that are no longer made. Of all of the types of Humalog pens and cartridges, we can only find those that administer one unit increments of insulin, which is often inappropriate for a child. I am familiar with the NovoLog one-half unit pen (NovoPen Jr.), but NovoLog does not work for my child.

The only insulin pens I know of that can dose in one-half unit increments are the NovoPen Jr. and the BD Pen Mini, which has been discontinued.

[Editor's comment: One way of administering very small doses, including half units, of insulin via syringe is through the use of diluted insulin. You may wish to discuss this with your child's diabetes team. BH]