From India:

I am family physician. Here, in India, when we diagnose someone with type 2 diabetes, we give them a sulfonylurea-biguanide combination. Usually, this combination is given before a meal. However, I have had patients take it after meals and seen good results. Should the medication be taken before or after meals?

I have usually given the medication with meals. That is also how it is recommended to take the metformin. It is probably not a huge problem, unless someone has some gastrointestinal effects while taking the medication where taking it with meals may help them.

Posted to Pills for Diabetes and Type 2