Question:

From Washington, D.C., USA:

I was diagnosed with type 1 about a year ago. My most recent blood test showed an anti-GAD of 15.7 and A1c of 7.1.I would really like to participate in any clinical trial for medication that may help me. It seems as though 35 is the cut-off age for most trials. I will even pay a lot of money for access to the experimental medications. Can you please tell me what I can do other than going to web sites?

Answer:

I do not think you would qualify for any of the intervention studies in TrialNet. You may want to check the National Institute of Diabetes & Digestive & Kidney Diseases web site to if there are any other studies listed in their study directory.

Posted to Other and Research: Other Research