Question:

From Youngstown, Ohio, USA:

I don't check my blood sugar in the mornings on the weekdays. When I am in school and don't check in the morning, I just usually guess what my blood sugar is and take my insulin. I figure out what my blood sugar could be from what I ate the night before. When I check my blood again at lunch, about 95% of the time my blood sugar is normal or within range. Do you think this is okay? Or, do you think I should be checking my blood sugar in the morning even though my blood sugars are normal at lunch when I don't check in the morning?

Answer:

Not doing blood glucose checks means you are guessing as you said. Why guess when you can have an exact value? The more data (blood sugar values) you have, the fewer mistakes. So far, you have been lucky, but why take chances unnecessarily?

Posted to Behavior and Blood Tests and Insulin Injections