From Grantham Lincolnshire, United Kingdom:

Could hypoglycemia be the cause of my depression? I was diagnosed with celiac disease at the age of nine months in 1957. There was no diet then, so I was brought up on normal foods and didn't start a gluten free diet until 1983, but I have suffered with depression for as long as I can remember. I am now at the end where only death seems the best answer. I see my specialist in two days, so, if there could be a chance I would like to talk to him about it.

Hypoglycemia is not usually a common reason for depression. On the other hand, there are new medications to treat depression all the time. It sounds to me that you are getting rather desperate and I feel it would be best to contact your doctor immediately with your concerns. You should also consider consulting a mental health professional.

Posted to Mental Health and Hypoglycemia