From Grand Junction, Colorado, USA:

I have been having a lot of symptoms of type 1 diabetes. I talked to my doctor and she said that it was most likely that I don't have it and is refusing to give me the tests. I decided to just try and ignore it, but now it seems to be getting worse. I don't know what to do. Can you help me?

If you are unhappy with your physician, you should see another for a second opinion. Testing for diabetes is relatively simple and should be done on someone that is at risk for diabetes or is having the symptoms of diabetes. Read more about the testing for diabetes at our page on the Classification and Diagnosis of Diabetes.

[Editor's comment: If you are a minor, you should make sure that your parent or legal guardian is familiar with the Symptoms of Diabetes and knows the symptoms you are experiencing. BH]