Question:

From Atlanta, Georgia, USA:

Is glucagon really bad after the expiration date? We have been fortunate enough not to need it, so I wonder if I need to discard the outdated ones and replace them with "fresh" ones?

Answer:

Yes, glucagon should be discarded and replaced by it's expiration date. I couldn't find any information on effectiveness after the expiration date, but this is not something you want to take the chance with it being ineffective when you go to use it. You may want to ask your pharmacist for one that has the latest possible expiration date so it will last you longer. To think of it in a positive way - be thankful every time you throw an unused glucagon kit away!

MN