From Palo Alto, California, USA:

My doctor has been trying to make changes in my medications. About two weeks ago, he increased one of my oral medications. Instead of one tablet three times a day, he increased it to two tablets three times a day, plus, he increased my blood pressure medication. The very next morning, my sugar levels increased. I haven't eaten anything different to explain this increase. Can a big increase in stress make my sugars rise about 20 to 30 mg/dl [1.1 to 1.2 mmol/L]? Or, can an increase in Cozaar do this?

Stress can increase blood sugars. It depends on what kind of stress you are talking about. Emotional stress does increase sugars, but it does so in a variable fashion. Stress from an intercurrent illness, such as an infection, can also raise blood sugars. However, Cozaar should not raise your blood sugars. It has a glucose neutral effect.