Question:

From Massachusetts, USA:

I remember about hearing about a law was passed in Massachusetts allowing in-classroom blood sugar tests to be done. I cannot seem to find this law anywhere. My five year old son is starting full day kindergarten in the fall and I would like him to have his checks done in the classroom, but the school states that they do not allow it. Do you know if the school can legally prohibit this?

Answer:

Massachusetts law on self-care may be found at the web page on The General Laws of Massachusetts. Please note that the law does not address where self-care may occur.

CJ

Posted to School and Daycare