Question:

From Cavite, Philippines:

My daughter is 22 months olds and cannot tolerate any foods with sugar, anything that is sweet. If I try to give her some candy, she suddenly vomits, including all those previous food she has taken. She doesn't like milk even if I try to use a glass. What I usually do is put some milk in a syringe and force feed it to my daughter. This is very tiring. What should I do?

My wife had gestational diabetes when she was pregnant with our daughter. I gave her insulin every day starting in her fifth month and until delivery.

Answer:

You should schedule an appointment with your pediatrician to discuss your concerns. This is not likely to be related to the insulin your wife required during her pregnancy.