From Ballwin, Missouri, USA:

My daughter is traveling overseas and we already plan to use Frio Wallets to keep her medicines cool. I've spent hours on the Internet searching for some kind of insulin vial carrying case that I can place in the Frio wallet to stop the vials from breaking. I was thinking of something made of a hard plastic, but all I've been able to find is something like an eyeglass case that doesn't appear to actually HOLD the insulin steady or keep it from moving. What have other people done? I'm sure it's not related just to diabetes, I've searched for vials for allergy medicines and growth hormones.

One option is to get a Medicool Insulin Protector. Another option is to purchase insulin, if available, in pen cartridge form for travel as they come packaged in strips encased in plastic thus the cartridges are not in contact with each other. Some insulins may not be available in this form. Finally, you might want to consider using something called an Insuleeve, a Neoprene sleeve into which you insert insulin vials.

[Editor's comment: Please see a previous question about a teen traveling to Europe. BH]

Posted to Other and Traveling