From Eureka, California, USA:

My eight year old son has several symptoms--small height/weight for age, night wetting, some upper body night sweats, hunger, thirst (drinks or eats ice a lot) frequent urination, headaches, stomach aches and random pains. He has some moodiness and has recently come to me looking very pale and saying he doesn't know what is wrong, but then feels better after eating something. His random blood glucose at pediatrician's office, before lunch, was 170 mg/dl [9.4 mmol/L]. His fasting blood glucose was 92 mg/dl [5.1 mmol/L] and his A1c was 5.5 Should we request a glucose tolerance test?

I don't think so, but a standard urinalysis should be done to exclude any abnormality of glucose tolerance.