From Calgary, Alberta, Canada:

My five year old daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in February 2006. I also have a two year old daughter that doesn't have diabetes. My five year old was born in Australia and I was not tested for gestational diabetes during the pregnancy. My two year old was born in Canada where I was tested and treated for gestational diabetes while pregnant with her. I injected insulin three times a day from about 20 to 25 weeks onward. If I had gestational diabetes with my first baby and it was not treated, could this have caused her to have type 1 diabetes? Have there been any studies done with regards to the relationship between gestational and type 1 diabetes in the children?

There is no such association of developing type 1 diabetes in a child and maternal gestational diabetes so please do not feel guilty.