Question:

From Pensacola, Florida, USA:

I am a 29 year old female who has had diabetes for 21 years. I now have been on a pump for a year and I have brought my A1c down from 7.9 to 6.1 and I must say I'm proud of myself. But, I am having a hard time sticking to my 1800 calorie diet. I tend to overeat, which I know is not good at all. I have tried to find meal plans for 1800 calorie diets that I could follow, but I have not found anything to help me out. I'm overweight and would love to lose weight. Also, now that I have lowered my A1c, my doctor now says I can have a baby. But, I would like to shed some weight before having a baby or at least stay on track with my meal plan. What do you recommend?

Answer:

The American Diabetes Association has sold a series of publications entitled Month of Meals. They can be used as sample meal plans for various daily calorie limits. You might see them as an education tool at your local diabetes center at your local hospital.

Posted to Weight and Weight Loss