From Toronto,Ontario,Canada:

My doctor told me that I do not have gestational diabetes. With my glucose tolerance test, my two hour reading was 9.2 mmol/L [166 mg/dl], which remained the same as the one hour test result. Do I need to treat it? Am I equivalent to a normal glucose tolerant person? If any non-glucose tolerant person measures her blood glucose regularly at 33 weeks, after two hours of having meal, what should the range be?

The glucose value of 9.2 mmol/L seems high at two hours (normal is less than 8.6 mmol/L [155 mg/dl]) after your screening test, but I would need more details of the test to answer accurately. Canada uses a 75 gram, two hour glucose test. If your fasting value was less than 5.2 mmol/L [94 mg/dl], then you only had one abnormal value and, indeed, you do not have gestational diabetes. If you are checking your blood sugar levels, then the parameters I use are: fasting 3.8 to 5 mmol/L [68 to 90 mg/dl], one hour after a meal less than 7.2 mmol/L [130 mg/dl] or two hours after a meal less than 6.6 mmol/L [119 mg/dl].

Posted to Gestational Diabetes