From Tucson, Arizona, USA:

My three year old daughter is constantly complaining that she is thirsty. Sometimes she wakes up in the middle of the night crying for water. I feel like it could be more than normal even though we live in the desert. Diabetes runs in my family. I know there are other signs for diabetes, is it possible that she could only have one sign?

To rule out any doubt, I suggest you have your pediatrician check your daughter for the presence of glucose in her urine and check her blood sugar level. These tests are easily performed by many laboratories.