Question:

From North Providence, Rhode Island, USA:

I am having control issues with my daughter. She will try foods or, if she does, she gags. She eats the same things all the time. Also, she will not sleep in her bed. I am taking her to a nutritionist, but it does not seem to help. What should I do?

Answer:

Please talk to your pediatrician for a referral to a child psychologist with expertise in behavior management. These issues are unlikely to be directly a result of diabetes, but diabetes can certainly make it harder to manage. The sooner you begin working with an expert in behavior management techniques, the sooner your daughter will be sleeping better (and so will you)!

JWB

Posted to Behavior