From Livonia, Michigan, USA:

My 17 year old daughter has type 1 diabetes and drinks large quantities of diet pop, sometime more than two liters a day. We have been told that this may make her insulin resistant. This is a constant battle between us. Could you please clear this up for us? Also, could she be physically addicted even if they are non-caffeinated?

Two liters is a lot, too much, I would say. Even if not caffeinated, it sounds like she is getting too much. I don't know about diet soda and insulin resistance. Try to get her to try other choices. It likely will be difficult.

Posted to Other and Meal Planning, Food and Diet