From Stockport, United Kingdom:

In response to my previous question, I had my fasting blood sugar tested. It was 5.5 mmol/L [99 mg/dl]. A random test, the following day, two hours after eating revealed a blood sugar of 6.2 mmol/L [112 mg/dl]. Am I correct that both are within "normal" limits? Is it therefore safe to assume that I do not have diabetes?

Dr. Lane also suggested that I look at my lifestyle. I am 29, slim, 7 and half stone (111 pounds) and am 5 feet, 4 inches. I walk my dog over one mile every morning. If anything, I am perhaps slightly underweight, so, my point is that being overweight and not exercising much, which I think Dr Lane would probably mean primarily when referring to lifestyle as a contributory factor in the initial high fasting level of 7.5, is probably not an issue here. Or, could being slightly underweight be a contributory factor?

You are correct. Both would be normal.

I would also agree that you have a healthy lifestyle. However, the 7.5 is still elevated. As a result, your fasting glucose should be monitored intermittently.