Question:

From Malta, Illinois, USA:

At night, my blood sugar will go low and then I will be high in the morning. I have trouble getting it down. I'm on a MiniMed 515 pump. What should I do?

Answer:

You need to adjust your insulin dosing. Your pump delivers a basal rate which may need to be adjusted. Your pump also is a "smart" pump which delivers insulin based on the carbohydrates you eat and your blood sugars. Your diabetes educator or diabetes physician should have provided you with a way to review your blood sugars with them in the event your blood sugars are not in an acceptable range. I would contact your diabetes educator or physician and let them know the troubles you're having. They will help you to make adjustments to your insulin dosing.

Posted to Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia and DKA