Question:

From Buffalo, New York, USA:

I use Inset infusion sets and have not found a good way to dispose of the introducer needle since the built-in inserter causes it to not fit in a traditional "sharps" container. What do you recommend?

Answer:

I would recommend verifying this with your local trash collection service. However, in many areas of the country a closed hard sided container is sufficient. You can use a hard sided container such as an empty coffee can and when the can is full, put the lid on and tape it shut before disposing of it.

MN

Additional comments from Brenda Hitchcock:

The Inset is designed so that you can re-close the outer container for easy disposal. Once recapped, you should be able to put it in a standard trash can. The "sharps" part of the set is not exposed.

BH

Posted to Insulin Pumps