From Devon, United Kingdom:

I'm 16. There are four cases of diabetes in my family, on my mother's side and my dad's. I'm the firstborn and I am slightly overweight. I have taken some tests online about diabetes and they have all said that I am at high risk because I am always feeling tired, I'm thirsty a lot, and I match some of the other symptoms. I'm afraid of asking the doctor in case it is nothing, but I'm mostly afraid of the answer. Based on what I have told you, do you think I have diabetes?

Despite your strong family history for diabetes, I don't think you might currently have diabetes even though you suffer from some clinical symptoms of the disease. Nevertheless, being at high risk, the only way to prevent the disease from occurring at an older age is to lose weight, getting closest to your ideal weight as much as you can. At your age, physical activity is the best way. A proper diet comes along.

[Editor's comment: If, in the future, you are still concerned about your weight and have the Symptoms of Type 2, you should see a medical professional. BH]