From Monterey, California, USA:

I had a two hour OGGT test done. My results were 90 mg/dl [5.0 mmol/L] fasting and 104 mg/dl [5.8 mmol/L] after the 75 gram drink. I know my results are normal, but does drinking the glucose drink have the same effect as eating a 75 gram meal? Does the glucose drink tend to spike the blood sugar immediately and then cause a rapid drop? It seems like my blood sugar two hours after eating a 75 gram carbohydrate meal is higher than after the 75 gram glucose drink.

Drinking the carbohydrates tends to allow the glucose to rise faster than eating a solid meal bolus. Eating a solid bolus is more complex because the foodstuff often contains fiber or other food constituents that may slow the absorption of the food and the carbohydrate specifically.