Question:

From New York, USA:

I recently started using the Medtronic Guardian RT Continuous Glucose Monitoring System. I was very excited to start using this therapy, but when I began, I was very disappointed. The readings were not close to my own readings, far greater then the 20% expected difference. At times, I would have a reading of 80 mg/dl [4.4 mmol/L] on my glucometer when the CGM would read 200 mg/dl [11.1 mmol/L]. This was not during periods of extreme changes. Have other people had success with the new CGMS' on the market? Do you have any suggestions?

Answer:

I am surprised to learn that you are experiencing such a vast difference between the continuous monitor and your home blood glucose meter. I think you should get in touch with Medtronic and have them troubleshoot your equipment and see if perhaps there is something wrong with your sensors or some other issue.

JS