From Untied States:

Several of my patients have pre-diabetes. I teach them how to monitor their blood glucose levels and recommend they test them at least once a day, varying the time tested. I recommend that their target levels be less than 115 mg/dl [6.4 mmol/L] fasting and less than 120 mg/dl [6.7 mmol/L] two hour postprandial. Is this correct or are the guidelines for target glucose levels different?

I am not aware of any guidelines that recommend daily testing for pre-diabetes nor any established targets for pre or post meals. In light of all the recent controversy over whether or not blood glucose monitoring in people with type 2 diabetes not on medication is of value, I cannot imagine an insurance company being willing to reimburse for supplies for pre-diabetes. I would probably focus more attention on diet and exercise since we know the benefits of those interventions.

Posted to Type 2