From Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India:

For the last two to three months, we have observed that ants are attracted to our 19 month old son's urine and wet pants. He usually urinates at 30 minute intervals after consuming liquids. He is exhibiting no other symptoms of diabetes, like weight loss or excessive hunger, thirst, fatigue, etc. Our pediatrician has advised us to go in for a urine sugar level test to begin with. I am very worried as my mother-in-law is diabetic, although no other relatives are. Does the above symptom alone give reason to suspect my child has diabetes?

I don't think there is enough to suspect your child has diabetes. To rule out any doubt, you should ask your doctor to check his urine for glucose and have a laboratory run blood tests.