From Salinas, California, USA:

I have an ACCU-CHEK Aviva blood glucose meter. Right before, I had my random blood glucose drawn at the laboratory. The result on my meter read 108 mg/dl [6.0 mmol/L]. However, the result of the laboratory blood test came back at 93 mg/dl [5.2 mmol/L]. Then,I had a fasting blood test done at the laboratory. Right before I did the test, the reading on my meter was 96 mg/dl [5.3 mmol/L]. The laboratory result for my fasting blood test was 82 mg/dl [4.5 mmol/L]. My A1c was 5.1%. The reading I took on my meter right after the fasting blood test at the laboratory was 92 mg/dl [5.1 mmol/L]. Do you think my meter just runs on the high side? I have used the control solution and everything seems to be working fine. I know that the Aviva model was recalled for some problems, but this is a new meter that was sent form ACCU-CHEK as a replacement for the recalled meter. I thought that meters were usually 15 to 20% lower than the laboratory.

The readings you report are within the expected accuracy for home glucose meters.