From New Jersey, USA:

I was watching a show on the avian flu pandemic and heard that should a pandemic occur, insulin production would be limited. The reason for that, aside from supply distribution disruption, was that the insulin production lines would be used to produce antivirals. I cannot find the show where I heard this. Have you heard anything like this. Is it a good idea to stockpile insulin?

According to Eli Lilly and Company, they are not capable, at this time, of manufacturing vaccines, have never heard of any proposals that they change their dedicated insulin production facilities into vaccine production facilities, and have no plans to do so.

Whoever produced the television show you watched was mistaken.

Posted to Other and Insulin