From Almo, Kentucky, USA:

We are concerned about the supply of insulin in the United States in the event of a global war. Where is insulin actually manufactured? If the bulk of insulin is manufactured overseas and the transportation lines are disrupted due to war, is there a plan for ensuring that American diabetics get the insulin they need?

Insulin is manufactured in several countries, including the U.S. where it is made by Eli Lilly and Company in Indianapolis, Indiana.

See also the following polls:

Additional comments from Dr. David Schwartz:

Although I have not seen this first hand in a while, many years ago while touring Eli Lilly, we were told (and shown) about stockpiled insulin. While it has been a long time, I recall the vault being huge. Nevertheless, Eli Lilly does not make all the different types of insulin. For instance, they do not make Lantus or Levemir or other similar basal insulin. Lilly brand products typically have the 'Hum' prefix: Humulin N, Humulin R, Humalog, and similar.

Posted to Insulin and Other